The shark attacks again!
What is it?
What's the backstory?
The first game proved to be enjoyable and simple, so it seemed like a controller-based sequel for consoles would be a no-brainer. So in the Spring and Summer of 2014 I pulled together a team to work on it.
Soon after development began, Microsoft canceled support for XNA, and it looked like the project did not have a future.
What did I contribute?
- I ported the base game from Processing (Java) to C#.
- I implemented spring physics to make the water surface dynamically ripple.
- I created a water shader to add light shafts and plankton particles
- I added new player abilities (e.g. grabbing onto enemies and thrashing about) and I remapped input for controllers
- I began programming new enemies, including a boss.
Outside of development, I also created a game design document for this project, planning out six levels, each with unique goals, enemies, and bosses. There was an exciting story and fun new mechanics planned. As producer / designer I created:
- Design docs
- Journey maps
- Asset lists
- Some art